daytona 200 results

I have been to thousands of races, and I'm not sure I have ever left one this confused, especially after race director Colin Fraser "explained" it all. Remember that scene in "Fargo" where William Macy tried to explain to the authorities what happened to all those Oldsmobiles? Yeah, it was like that.

I asked Fraser, whom I feel really sorry for, if the results of the race would be reviewed, and if so, how confident he was his top 10 would stand. He said there would be a review, and that it was not unusual: "I'm not sure I remember a Daytona 200 that didn't have some sort of scoring issue." But he said, several times, that he was "pretty confident" they got everything right, but man, don't try to prove it by me.

Another reporter asked the other tough question: Rider Tommy Aquino crashed hard in a part of the track where the lights had failed, and had, in fact, caused at electrical fire. Should they not have stopped the race then, before Aquino crashed in the dim area, instead of after his crash? Fraser said he didn't know, that we likely knew more about it than he did, which was an unfortunate answer.

Too bad, all this, because this was almost a great race, very cool under the lights for the first time ever. But man, while I know what happened to those Oldsmobiles in "Fargo," I have no idea what happened here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A woman was made by a computer. Can she fulfill the sexual desire?

 A new technological advancement has emerged, which some are hailing as a new singularity, but not in the way that was previously predicted....